High school can be an AMAZING adventure for some and for others it can be a total nightmare. Seeing that I am a senior photographer, I thought I would do some blogs based on the things I know now that I wish I had known in high school to make it easier, also to make "real life" an easier transition!
(These are in no particular order, and I will write a few blogs on this subject)
(Yes that is one of my senior pics- photo credit: Haddon Photography http://
1. Some people won't like you. That is OKAY and let it roll off your back rather than search for an explanation. Often times they feel jealous, or envious and "not liking you" is the only way they can cope.
2. Be kind. To everyone. No matter what. (this needs NO explanation!)
3. Learn from other people (especially OLDER people). Watch how they do it, did it make them happy? Did they do it the right way? Did it make them a better person? Did they succeed with their task (what ever it may be) and come out on top on the other side?
4. You were BEAUTIFUL before he ever told you so.
5. Do what YOU want to do- not what everyone else thinks you should do. If it is nerdy to be on yearbook (I was) but you REALLY want to do it, or think you would be good at it--DO IT!!!!!
6. Live life to LEARN from it- not to necessarily live with regret.. learn from your mistakes and be better the next time. Don't dwell, and don't let it define you.
7. Do your homework and get good grades, above all- learn HOW to study, and do it often. That will prepare you more for college than most classes.
8. Be thankful. If your parents buy you something, THANK THEM. if a teacher bumps your grade because you tried. THANK HER/HIM!
9. Keep a journal. Take pictures (and print them or back them up on a hard drive/Facebook!). Document- because in 10 years you will look back and see how far you have come, but also miss "the good ol' days'.
10. Being popular "matters" now, but after you graduate, your popularity goes away, and often times you don't have the friends you thought you had.